Saturday, January 2, 2010

NEW YEARS PRIME RIB




Happy New Year to everyone. Ok so yeah I know it is January 2nd but my wife was not feeling great yesterday so I decided to make her the promised prime rib on the 2nd when she had more energy and appetite.

She went wild for the injection that i used on the fried turkey the other day so we decided to try injecting some marinade in the prime rib. I am also using some of the BGE Green Pecan Rub. I really like the Rub, it has a great flavor that really compliments most anything we have tried it on so far. I have to say that I was not all that impressed with the taste of the final product, and I think it is because we used a roasted garlic creole butter injection. THis gave the meat a slightly sweet taste which i DO NOT LIKE for beef. Oh well wont make that mistake again. As for future cooking sessions, I am researching several recipes from the cookbooks that I got over Christmas. At any rate enjoy my latest grill session.... THE FIRST OF 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment